Example: ERP platform
- Background: fluctuating load on web and application servers; balanced load on database server
- Target: cost optimisation of dynamic power usage.
- Solution: Full implementation in the cloud on virtual servers (Dynamic Platform). Database server has fixed performance parameters due to licensing reasons and lack of dynamism.
- It is possible to dynamically adapt the fluctuating user load on web and application servers
Example: testing platform
- Background: need for rapidly available test environment for function tests, short useful life
- Target: quick set-up without being tied to a long-term contract
- Solution: dynamic server in the cloud
- Short contract term
- Capacity can be adapted to usage.
Example: explosive data growth
- Background: applications generate massive quantities of unstructured data with minimal performance requirements.
- Target: old documents need to be stored, but be accessible at all times.
- Solution: dynamic storage offering unlimited expansion
- Only the storage space actually used is billed.
- Data is accessible at all times.
- Controlled by the client application